Today I was reading Ezekiel chapter 33 and I was lovin it! Have you ever read Ezekiel 33? I must say that it is in my unofficial top 10 favorite bible chapters. I particularly enjoyed vs 11 which I felt summarized the entire bible. Yes, I said it. I think it is that huge. In case you kept reading my blog and haven't looked it up yourself, here is the verse:
"Say to them, 'As I live!' declares the Lord GOD, 'I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn from his way and live. Turn back, turn back from your evil ways! Why then will you die, O house of Israel?' " - Ezekiel 33:11
I enjoy the verse because it shows that God's desire is for people to turn to Him rather than face judgment without Him. I feel the cry of God's heart coming out as He says "Turn back, turn back from your evil ways!" He wants people to turn to Him. he knows what is best for us but still leaves the choice up to us. The verse ends with "Why then will you die, O house of Israel?" It's almost like God knows He is the answer and if they would just turn to Him they will not need to die.
The verse seems more important in context, and verses 12-20 expand upon this verse further. I suggest you read the rest of Ezekiel 33 and I pray that God blesses you with it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment