Thursday, August 7, 2008

Remembering or Organized?

So if you know me, like at all, you know that I can get distracted by things going on. I have partially realized this and I feel like it creates an important need for me to remind myself and have others remind me of God. It's also important to not turn away from these moments, but that is a different thing. I can have a very meaningful time with God and then just two days later forget to have a quiet time and not think of it until the next day. I think that I need to add more structure to my life. Things that I desire and value are being forgotten, which I'm not proud of.

How should I get organized? I know that people have different styles of organization. I think that writing things down would help. My problem is that I dont have anywhere to keep a journal or planner with me at all times. I could do it most of the time, or a lot of the time, but not always. So then if I want to write something down, what could I temporarily do that would then translate onto the primary organization system? Maybe im making this more complicated than it needs to be. Maybe if I spend some time each night working on updating the planner, then it would work. Tim Lin said it can be good to lay out different jobs that I want to get done the next day, but that is hard to keep track of. Things change and I have trouble accounting for that, without being too broad in statements like "Relate with other guys." I guess that I could specify an amount of time that I should at least spend on something. The other thing that is difficult for me is to make time to do things that I have on a list. I forget to look at my list, which kinda defeats the purpose. I pray that God would help me to find something. I'm not OCD at all, in fact quite the opposite. I dont feel compelled to get things in order, although it is a desire to get more organized.

I finally really cleaned my room and I have been keeping it clean. It's great, people come into my room and have places to sit. I've had some good conversations in there. It still kinda smells after I play ultimate with my clothes, but im not sure how to avoid that. I enjoy the cleanliness and am willing to put forth the effort to maintain it. I finally found a system that works for me and I think it could work with a planner if I find what works. What do other people do? I know Dustin keeps a small planner with him all the time, girls have planners in their purses, some people have iPhones or PDAs that they use. I think the only option I have is the planner in my pocket. I dont like having too many things with me so I cringe at the idea of carrying it and a pen with me everywhere. I dont mind doing it with my backpack, but again, I dont always have a backpack with me.

I think that Trizzle is organized, I'll talk with him some. If you're reading this, then let me know what you think would work. As you can tell from the flow of my posts... I'm kinda ll over the place. Organization would be good for me. I pray that God helps me with this, and that UofA goes to a bowl game.

No comments: