Wednesday, July 9, 2008

First Post

Yay, my blog! I've had some blogs before but I havent really kept up on them, or I used them more as a way to passively communicate things to people that I couldnt say to their face. It is my hope that this blog doesnt ever turn into that, but more of a way to process things and share my life with others.

Sin is annoying. It causes pain and frustration. The damages can last for long extended periods of time. Even as I type these things I can think of verses about the joy of God, but I am struggling with making the choice of pursuing righteousness and God. I have been reading "The Ascent of a Leader" and I do recognize the difficulty with leading people and feeling the temptation to put up a front that everything is ok and I have it all figured out. I dont, I'm still learning a lot from God. I think I always will be, but I need to choose God and choose to seek him. It's not a really easy decision... it may only get harder as we live our lives, or it may get easier. I'm not sure about that.

I want to keep growing towards God. I pray that God helps me in my life, and uses my friends around me to keep me looking towards Him.

I like this verse:
Rom 7:24-25
What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!

No comments: